"Welcome To My Blog"

Today is June 7, 2015, so much has happened in the years since my last update here. On February 28,2014 I suffered a Heart Attack. Probably one of scariest events of my life but deeply grateful that the Lord has spared me. So because of Him I am here today and able to give Him praise. We are enjoying the warm months of summer here in Georgia as we watch the spring like weather fade. I hope all are enjoying the blessings of our great God!
********************************

All art and writings are copyrighted by me and may not be copied or used without permission. !!

**************************************
"For I know my thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will harken unto you. And ye shall seek me and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13


About Me

My photo
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Barbara Carlan is a self taught artist living in the southeast. She was born in Washington D.C., was primarily raised in the panhandle of Florida and traveled all over southeastern United States and parts of Washington state as a child of the military. Barbara from an early age showed a passionate interest in art. She began painting and writing poetry in the late 1980's. Now that her life is free from the responsibilities of parenting and the necessary demands of having a growing family, she's able to pursue her true passions, painting, writing, photography and sewing. Barbara has discovered through art that life with it's complexities can find a sweet fragrance of release through the creative process.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Somewhere Weeping"


In iniquitous nights,
as the worlds lay sleeping
Their are cries of children
who are somewhere weeping

Hollowed eye's of fear
as hunger speaks their name.
Not a room for shelter
or cloaks to hide their shame

Little tear's pool in mud
whereon the earth they lay
As they lament in silence
will the morrow bring play.

Their tiny bellies distended
from the famine of bread
And their bodies too weak
to uphold their heads

Where's the shame for hunger
that so many children know
Who now weep in the gallows
and walk about with no clothes?

Written By: Barbara A Carlan 12/17/10

No comments:

Post a Comment